Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cow Brain and Tongue... DELICIOUS!!!

A mini Palm Tree farm! He knew I would totally love this, and those of you who know me know why too :)
So Dang Cute
This is a Cows Head... (for all of you who know our Elder Hunt you are thinking there is no freaking way)

This is our dear Elder Hunt eating Cow Brain, Tongue and everything around it... (At this point I was still thinking it was a joke)

This Is Elder Hunt LOVING Cows Head.... In his Words "It was just so dang good and delicious, I couldn't stop eating it! I slept so dang good that night... It's like eating tons of Turkey at Thanksgiving." What the heck this is most definitely not the Benetton I remember! NASTY (Guess Not!)

Looks like our Elder Hunt will be having a Christmas after all! YIPPEY!
The tree we sent him. I think it looks pretty dang cute!
I guess he misses the Ol Celica!! Though I think this one puts his to shame ;)
Gorgeous Paraguay!
Ha not sure what this is... A map of the City?
Hey Family!!
Well this has been a really really long week with changes and everything and as you know i wasnt able to do email on monday because we had changes this week so i am doing it today. I do have a new companion but i will get into that a little bit later. I am gonna give you the rundown of everything that i wrote down to share with you and then how the work is going. I got my first elevator ride here when i went to asuncion with elder arrieta to sign. It was so sweet cause it made me feel right back at home!! This week we had a narly hail storm and thunder and rain and lighting and crazy wind!! It is so weird here because the weather is great and then all of the sudden it just goes crazy!! We were waiting for a collectivo or bus and then it started storming. The hail was just nailing us left and right but we found a little coverage. Then about 40 feet in front of us we saw lighting hit the ground!! it was INSANE!! it left a big mark and all the dirt was like crystalized!! IT was so sweet though! haha dont worry i am safe and everything is fine. My foot is doing fine and its a little better, i have really tried to be alot more careful with it because i dont wanna be a winer about it or let anyone see that i have a weakness. haha oh ya if you could get me bishops email that would be great. We had zone conference and it was GREAT!!!! we talked alot about eternal families and how we need to really help all the wards right now cause retention is horrible. The area authority showed us a statistic about this area which includes paraguay argentina uruguay. In 2005 there was 73000 active members in the church. During those five years until now we have lost 3000 members who are now inactive. Here is the really sad thing... during those 5 years we have baptized 65000 people... so really we should have well over 120000 active members in the church but there isnt. So we are really focusing in on that and so far so good. The attendance continues to grow every week in the ward so its nice to see the fruits of your labor. I made your cookies this week for FHE adn they were so dang good with a nice glass of cold milk!! i just ate them and pretended that i was home with my pajamas on watching a movie with kelsey!! I got to see elder richards this week at the zone conference. so this week we found a wonderful church of the catholics that had a big painting above the door where you enter... the painting was a cross with MARY being crucified not Jesus Christ. Talk about blasphemy here!! me and eldre hall had a hard time believing it at first! haha This week i put up the paper tree and all the ornaments!! All the little messages made me so dang happy and cry all at the same time!! it made me miss everybody alot but feel closer to them too. Thanks mom and kelsey and anyone else that helped do that!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I had a crazy dream this week that i was like a pro parkourer and was chasing someone through paraguay! it was insane how good i was. haha i didnt want to wake up. I got my letters from the ym/yw this week and they were really good! that is pretty crazy about spencer brown going to the same mission as his dad. I LOVED teh picture of preston skimboarding down floodstreet!! That is the dopest thing ever man!! i put it up on my wall in front of me when i study!! Everyone thinks it was super sick!! So there is a member that gave me the nickname Eminem this week. He says that i look just like him. I dont see it but i guess he does. I watched a sweet dog fight this week with like 8 dogs total royal rumble and going insane for like 3 minutes!! it was sick and i was laughing so dang hard!! So as you can see in the pictures... this week we had dinner with some members and yes... I ATE COW HEAD!! i ate the brain and the tongue and everything else surrounding it! it was so dang good and juicy and i couldnt stop eating. I slept so dang good that night.. its like eating a bunch of turkey during thanksgiving!! haha i bet you are probably thinking to your self right now there is no way that i ate that... but i did and i didnt even hesitate to do it!! haha i am gonna buy some tongue and have a member cook it for lunch one day. So we have an investiagtor that we found who is addicted to crack!! he smokes 50 mil guaranies a day minimum. His family doesnt have any food and he doesnt have a job. Its really sad because his son is getting baptized this saturday and he probably wont even be there to see it. So yes this week we have two baptisms. Ronaldo who is 13 and william who is 16. They are really great smart kids and have bright futures. I cant wait for it to finally go throw. When your in limbo of time for baptisms anything can happen!! so i am praying really hard for it to happen!! haha This week as week walked home i saw a huge grow of people and elder hall told me that they were doing an exorcism. And they really were!! it was crazy to listen to them. So my new comp is elder ramirez. He is from peru and is the new district leader for our district. That means i am gonna be working my butt off like crazy. Wednesday as i waited for him to show up i thought alot about home and how much i missed everyone!! I couldnt stop thinking about kelsey at all!! It kept running through my head that i just wanna be home already and marry her!! That was a really hard day and i had to rely alot of the lord!! i know if i came home though everyone would KILL ME!!! hahaha i but i will do my best to stick it out during the hard times and finish strong!! Well tahts all for this week! i love you all! until monday!! Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment