Sunday, August 15, 2010

Aug 13th, 2010

Mom and Family,

This week has just flown bye! I cant believe that in days I will be out of the USA for the next two years!! I am super excited, nervous, and hesitant all at the same time cause I have no idea what to expect at all! I know its just gonna take time though like the MTC did and new I don't really car any more about how crappy of a place this can be sometimes! Its all about your attitude though! haha this place can be heaven or heck but its all up to the missionary and what they make of it, either bad or good! I know that's how its going to be out in the field too. Its gonna be weird to be going from being around all white people to nothing but dare skinned paraguayans and accents taht I cant understand at all! haha we will listen to natives on the computer an I will catch like every 23rd word. haha ok not that bad but about like every3rd or 4th word! They speak so freakin fast and they slur words really bad so its gonna be hard to pick up for quite awhile! Hopefully by about 4 months out I can understand almost everything! My teacher Hermano Christensen was a trainer and pretty much fluent after 3 months! His Spanish is the best that I have ever heard! He went to Spain on his mission... he always has way funny stories for us about things from his mission and saying sin Spanish that we don't have an English that are hilarious but when they transfer over into English they make no sense at all! One day all we did was study Spanish "dichos" or sayings that we could use! He went on a Mediterranean cruise for 10 days and he brought pictures in and everyone said that his wife looked just like Kelsey! It was funny! Our other teacher Hermana Ribera is way cool too. She is fluent in Spanish and "proficient" (fluent) in sign language too! she has prayed for us before in Spanish and in sign language and the signing is so freakin sick! We all keep our eyes open and she closes her eyes. She can even directly translate Spanish into sign language. She goes to a deaf/Spanish/ English ward here in Provo! haha So Kelsey said that you are getting pretty proficient on the computer! ha hopefully when I get back you wont need my help at all! :) With any technological thing! What kind of phone did dad get?! Is it a touchscreen? How is the office doing? Any problems that I need to answer before I am really hard to contact? Thanks so much for all your help! I LOVE YOU!
Benetton

No comments:

Post a Comment