Monday, August 30, 2010

A better week :)

August 30th, 2010
Well we finally just got back from our meeting with our zone leaders and playing some soccer. Haha it was really fun until we started to play on this ghettttttoo like beach soccer court!!!! i was so covered in dirt and my legs were pretty much black!! yep right after that i had to put my prost clothes back on and get on the bus to go back. I feel sooooo nasty!! i am still all dirty and sweaty! haha but i guess you could say that i had a little better week... It helped when we were teaching and doing service for people to get my mind off it but when we are teaching sometimes and i cant understand i will just totally zone out and not pay any attention and just start to think about home. This mostly happens when they start mizing spanish and guarini and portugese!! ahh its so frustrating cause i cant even understand their spanish let alone two other languages combined!! haha well it sounds like me and travis have alot in common about our first week in the mission. Crying myself to sleep every night. haha but i am REALLY hoping things pick up and we can see some success especially as i am able to do more and more. I know that i can always study harder and pray harder and try to say more and that is something that i really will be workng on alot harder this week is to SPEAK SPEAK SPEAK!!! who cares if thye cant understand me. Its my efforst that count and i know that the lord will bless me if i am giving my all!! thats what the atonement is all about... when we are giving our all and cant make the rest on our own christ is there to help pick us up and carry us the rest of the way!!! I guess i should start using my own advice in my own life. The word is really not that bad.. they eat lots of chicken and spaghetti and rice and the juices here and fruit are SOOO freakin good!! you can definitely tell they are natural and not loaded with sugar like things back home. We have been working with a few people this week and hopefully this week we can get them to committ to a date and follow through will their commitments! A baptism right now would really boost my confidence... that is probably one thing that i think i have really seen a difference is in my confidence! back home everything that i encountered i wuold just face head on and i would accomplish it! but here i feel so uncapable and so i just get defeated very easily! i know that it is the advisary who is doing it and frustrating me and i will not let him win!! I will battle him head on and try my best to MAKE it the best 2 years out here. I notice that time is REALLY LONG out here! we will walk and wlk and walk and i will look at my watch and its only been like 30 minutes... haha and then when we are just relaxing after a long day the time flys bye!! i hope that it starts to do that every day all day. haha Dad.. your ten things have really helped me and i am trying to implement them more and more as i get more and more comfortable here. I used your FHE one the other day for our planning and my companion really liked it. My companion elder arrieta has been here for 18 months. He has learned quite a bit of english but it is still WAY hard to understand anything that he says and i know that its gonna take lots more time than just a week to get used to the language and accetns and things. I got a email from jarren thiriot this week and it was really funny to hear some of the things that he misses about the mission that i experience every single day. I hope to have a misison as great as his thats for sure. haha We have lunch with members every single day and we really like never have to make anything at all. The only thing that i have had to cook since being here is cold cereal. haha so hard!! so i like that part of things alot! I make sure to write everything down in my journal and when certain things happen i take note of them in my little note boook so i can make sure to get everything that i am experiencing.. haha like the other night we came home and the power was out! dang did i sleep crappy with no AC!!! it was like sues pet castle mixed with the saunas at summit! haha i tossed and turned all night long!! Tomorrow is our first distric meeting and that is when we get letters so make sure you just keep sending them as soon as you get done with them and i will start getting them every week which will be really really nice!! that is also when i can send letters home so they should be coming soon. How is everything going at home? hows preston and the family and everyone else. I got actually alot of emails this week and they were REALLY helpful thats for sure! Kelsey´s dad sent me one that really raised my spirits and helped me to just keep on pushing and to never give up. Then i read dads email and all i could think about was how i cannot give up and this is totally natural for EVERY missionary. haha well except that ones that get to go state side. hahaha jk but then when i heard about travis doing the same thing as me it really helped.. to thnk all these super spiritual giants felt exactly like i do now! its motivation and gives me hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! hahaSo here are some pictures from the last week that i have been here. i hope that you like them and i cant wait to hear back from all of you!! Send pictures and whatever else that you want. I think that the next zone conference is in november. So send things soon and it will get to me right in time for christmas. haha i hope!! I love you all until next week.
Elder Hunt
well actually i just looked at my coard for my camera and its the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!! i am so freakin mad!!!! i will try to figure out some way to send pictures to you all so you can see whats going on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment