Thursday, August 26, 2010

Much Needed Prayers!

Well today is officially my second day in the field... we have kinda like a p day for us to get all the things that we need and we get time to email. So i can tell you about everything that has been going on. Oh ya and the best way to get letters to me is writing them through dear elder because you can write way way way more and the MTC then sends them here to the office and all around it is just way faster and way better. We have about 190 missionaries in our mission. But we are at our max right now. Our last flight was really long and we actually met 4 more elders who are native speakers in the gate we were waiting in. They were funny! But the plane ride was about 11 hours long and all the time changes really really threw me off. We kept losing more and more and then gaining and losing it was so dang confusing. We got off the plane and were met at customs by our Pres. and his wife. We got through that really easy and loaded our stuff on a way way big truck and packed in some vans to head to the office. After that we got to the office and got some water and did a few things then headed out to the temple. Oh ya and by the way the roads here have basically no laws whatsoever and everyone has the right away. Everyone passes anyone every direction and speeds and cuts people off like crazy!!!! So its gonna be something to get used to for sure. Not that we really will drive ever but riding in the bus is even more crazy because they dont stop for anyone or anything!!! We got to the temple and took pictures and then we went to the Chinese resturant in the city. Boy was that interesting cause i dont know how anyone can remember how to get around here. There is no street signs and no addresses whatsoever!!! I will never be driving here or vacationing here that is for sure! The food was decent but nothing like back home... Plus you all know how picky i am and so i was limited to what i could eat and not jsut hurl everywhere!! We got done with that and went back to the office to get our orientation on everything there is to possibly know here. I dont think any of us got very much out of it because we were all so exhausted. We then had some kind of dinner... Dont ask me what it was but definitely not on my list of things that i will be eating again soon. I choked it down though since i will have to be getting used to that. After that we left and went to the mission home and had some carrot cake which was surprisingly really good!! :) We then had a testimony meeting... that i constantly kept falling asleep in and forcing myself to try and stay awake for at least the president and his wife. After that we took off to the hotel for the night where my room was the exact room as my MTC roomates which was way way nice! The hotel i guess is supposed to be like the hotels of hotels here.. Like the hilton of paraguay i guess. At first i thought to myself you have got to be kidding me... This is supposed to be nice?!?!?!?! hahaha so we changed finally and all relaxed and wrote in our journals and then totally crashed we were so exhausted. The beds were WAY more comfy than the MTC beds thats for sure. I woke up... oh yea we now have to wake up at 6 instead of 630. I woke up though and slept so good that i actually thought that i was home... for all of about 13 seconds when i saw the pink walls and the odor that paraguay carries. Then it hit me... I was so far from home it was not funny!! haha after we had breakfast at the hotel which was about as good as hannah making breakfast for me... actually i take that back hannah could do better!! We then sat out front for about 30 minutes waiting for the AP´s to come and pick us up so we could go sign papers to be legal. I now know what it feels like to be an Illegal alien. hahaha So after that we went back to the office and met in the chapel there and we finally got to meet out trainers. One by one each greenie was called out and the name of the area in which he would be serving... Then our trainer would jump up and come give us a huge hug and we would sit down... of course i was dead last and come to find out my trainer is a native and speaks NO ENGLISH at all. I wish you could have seen the look on my face. We then got all our things and were headed off to the train station. We got there and waited for the second group to finally show up... We got our tickets and my companion got me an empanada. Supposedly really good but i really beg to differ. We were finally off to my first area. Ciudad del Este or City of the East, which entails a nice 6 to 7 hour bus ride with crappy roads and a hot steamy bus. Stop by stop more and more elders got off until finally our area. We had to call some members who were taxi drivers to come and pick us up and then take us back to our house... or what is called a pension. This is it... I was finally here... I had my hopes up for something decent.. then i realized we were leaving above a convenient store and our house was tiny!!!! I got in the front door and saw what our so called ¨pension¨ had to offer!! Just wait until you get to see the pictures!! haha next email will have some. But we have a tiny kitchen that looks like a replica of a kitchen that Joseph smiths family had. Tiny fridge even smalller oven and something that resembled a sink. Next room... The living room where we have 3 tables and a couch with a few chairs!! Next... Our other room with simply four closets in it that have less space than all the my luggage. So i am literally living out suitcases. haha what a life. Our bed room has two twins and a twin bunk bunk. The mattresses are like a wait to broken in tempur pedic mattress that never returns back to its original shape. We had no time to unpack because we had to get to a ward activity for the next hour and get 10 contacts. I will tell you what... I was not feeling that at all. I couldnt understand a single member cause they talk SOOOOOOOO FAST!!!! Not to mention my trainer cannot translate... i couldnt even understand the 2 yr old kids how sad is that. We finally made it back to the pension and got ot unpack. I got about half way through and then had to get ready for bed. Lights out here is 10. The really hard thing is that it gets dark at like 5 here and when i say dark i mean DARK!! i was afraid for my life when we were contacting! We were getting ready for my and i will just tell you now after my 35 minute prayer of BEGGING MY HEAVENLY FATHER to help me out with all this i then went on to crying myself to sleep. Yes i literally cried. Culture literally woke me up the next morning with a SLAP to the face. After writing in my journal for the last two days it was my turn for the shower. I hadnt really looked in the yet and i am glad that i didnt. NOT!!! i got in there and the toilet is made outta some kind of fancy plastic and the shower... is simply a oversized head that sticks outta the wall and has no hot water at all!! Oh yea did i mention that there is no such things as bath tubs so you jsut stand on the same floor taht everyone uses to walk around on... taht everyone pees on cause they missed the toilet and everything else that goes on in there. After my cold shower and near panic attack i sat and stared at all my pictures at home. I am SO LUCKY to be born in the USA and have some such an amazing home and so many amazing things. I have such a great family and friends and girlfriend. I thought to myself this is REALLY GONNA BE THE HARDEST 2 YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!! As tears rolled down my eyes... i thought about how crappy of a situation that i am in and how i guess i am just gonna have to live with it. After we started our personal study and i really had no idea what i was supposed to be doing. haha then companionship study.... ya that went great i didnt understand anything that my companion said cause his accent is so thick and he speaks so fast and not to mention he pretty much drops all of his letter ¨s¨ in his speaking. He is from colombia i have no idea what they teach him there. haha After all our studies we got on another bus to the bigger part of the city and went to this funky zoo thing and saw some really interesting animals and things from the guarini culture. Dont ask me waht any of it was cause i couldnt tell you at all!!! After that we got done and they all wanted to go to another chinese buffet. Oh ya we were with like our whole district i think? So we went to a place called new tokyo... Ya it was nothing great at all!! After that we rode back on the bus and now we are here. We live with 2 other elders and luckily one of them speaks english!! So i am not really supposed to email anyone else but my family... I figure since kelsey is pretty much family in due time taht its ok. I will just include her part in the email to the family. This is kelseys part.
Baby I MISSED YOU soooo much after i got off the phone with you... i thought dang how am i gonna do this without you! I did gett all your packages and they were so good!! thank you so so much sweetheart! I got some letters too that you guys had sent to the MTC and my mission home on accident so nothing new there. But baby i am not gonna lie to you... i really dont know how i am gonna do this!!!! i would say about ten different times i have thought i would really like to come home and then i think that i have to just try and forget myself and my desries i guess and pray for help. As i am writing this i am getting all teary eyed. This is the exact opposite life that i have been living. I have been living like a KING for 19 years and now i dont know waht to do. Everything is so different here baby!! The food makes me sick to look at and i have had NO APPETITE at all. And when i have eaten i just wanna puke afterwards. I am really trying my best and i will continue to because i know that coming home is not an option. I will not let anyone down back at home. I am sorry that i am putting this all on you but i just really need you right NOW!!!! REALLY BAD!! WORSE THAN EVER and were about 10000 miles apart! This REALLY SUCKS!!! i will try my best though for you baby just please prayer really really hard for me and do whatever you can to help me. I am praying that things will get better and i will finally feel like i am comfortable.. I know that i need to give it a couple more days and i will so i can finally feel comfortable cause thats waht it took at the mtc but its just different cause at least there people spoke engish. ha I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and there is not a minute that goes by that i dont think about you or miss you or wish i was home with you!! i am not a quitter but i am praying that this doesnt get the best of me. The culture is jsut SOOOOO DIFFERENT and i know its goin to take time. Dont worry too much about me baby... i really hope that i havent made you all stressed out now and sad and worried about me because i will be fine i am jsut being a big baby. I need to stop crying. I LOVE YOU and i cannot lose you baby!!!! please dont ever forget me!! i will try my best to write you as much as i can. When you email me back just use my moms account so it comes from her. I really wish i could kill that stupid black kid right now!!!! i hate him!!!! but i will just get over it. Nothing is goin to get in the way of us being together right baby?!?!?! i will be waiting for you while you are out!!! for as long as it takes!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! more than ever! last night i curled up to the blanket from garetts parents and put it up against my face like it was you so i could actually calm down and fall asleep finally. I looked at your pictures forever and just missed you!! I am sooo glad that the blessing you received helped you out so much!! your dad is such an amazing man and i know he has so much faith and love for you and in you kelsey lynn!!! The power of the priesthood is great isnt it? I cant wait to be able to be the one that gives you blessings when we are married! haha sounds like you had a really good time at school?!?!?! hahahah well i gotta go so i will hear from you next week!! I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH BABY!!! KISSES AND HUGS BOO!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all your love from veryone!!! Keep me in all your prayers and the people of paraguay! I love you all and tahkns again. Oh ya my p days are really on mondays so from now on expect them to come on mondays. This monday i will write again!! i LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment