Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mom and Dad,

Well another week has flown by! I dont know about you but every week gets faster and faster the longer I am out here! It has been a really really good week with our lessons, our language and our district/companionship/personal goals!!:) We have to reset our goals every week in our weekly planning and companionship inventory! This week our district goals were:
1) Make 1 new friend everyday and 1 new really good friend!
2) Speak Spanish all day
3) Speak one at a time in class
At the end of every week we report to our district leader on how well we did with our goals and then we talk about how we could do better or could have done better! We report today on our new friends that we made and the one that we really really got to know! It's really fun to hear everyone's stories, especially because sometimes we are talking about the exact same people! The other day we talked about a companionship that contacted us and we found out later they contacted three other companionship's in our district! As for our Spanish goal we did really really well! We rate ourselves as follows:
5-Always 100%
4-Most 80%
3- More Than 1/2 60%
2-Less than 1/2 40%
1- Barely 20%
0-Never 0%
The ratings go off of how much of our effort, not that we can speak 100% Spanish! So as long as we are saying what we know how then we can get a "5" everyday! This last week personally I got a 5 everyday except P-day! haha cause you just forget when you don't have class to remind you to speak Spanish because our teachers are! But its as a companionship so we only averaged around a 4 cause my companion always forgets!! Ugh! haha also each week we have a person in our class that we have to watch all week and see how they exercise the Christlike attribute that we select each week! This week is patience... the sad part is I can't remember who my person is?! :( So looks like I will just have to throw something generic out there that could apply to anyone! haha So every week we teach in the TRC and this past week we had a very difficult investigator that reminded me of Anthony! Big, huge guy with gauges and tattoos but he was super difficult and mean! All he did was correct our Spanish the whole time and so we stopped teaching by the spirit and went into Spanish mode and only worked on what we were saying to the guy was grammatically correct! It made our teacher so dang mad! She pulled us aside after and was like that guy is a total punk, just teach with the confidence that I know you two have so this week we really worked on our lesson and we did way way good! MUCH BETTER! And I know alot of it was because we have been speaking so much Spanish or "SYL" (for dad), that Heavenly Father blessed us and loosed our tonues and filled our mouths with the words in which we needed to say and what needed to be heard! Hmm... What else happened this week? Oh ya so everyone, every morning has to wake up this one companionship that has their own room and sleeps in past 6:30. So our branch presidency said, just don't wake them up one day! So Thursday we didn't wake them up. They slept through... Breakfast... Gym... then half of class until 10:30!! Then finally our teacher went & walked down to our rooms and woke them up! It was so dang funny cause they said "Oh so none of you noticed that we weren't at breakfast of gym or class" haha we all just laughed way hard and played dumb! :) Missionary pranks are way funny! But we got in trouble last week and are not allowed to anymore! Me and Elder Mcgee would go into the showers and steal everyone's towels and put them in the middle of the room! :) haha and this one district who was here for 14 weeks waiting for their visas to Mexico we pranked way good! We hid an alarm clock in their room and set it for 4 am! On the morning they were leaving so they got to sleep in a little! They were so mad! But afterwords they were like that was pretty funny, cause it took them forever to find it! Do you have any funny pranks that I could do dad? I love the basketball hoop... my one roommate like worships it and we play a lot of HORSE and so far I have always won with my super crazy shots! And when we left one day we came back and a district that left gave one to us so we have two now and play some real games! haha and how many baptisms did you have dad? I know its not important but I was thinking and I don't think I have ever asked you! But thanks so much for the package and everything you sent! I will be buying a calling card from the bookstore for the airport probably. Unless your going to send some? I am also getting these way sweet missionary journals with my name on the front with a #1-5 for the whole mission so it will be like 5 volumes of my adventure to Paraguay! :) We will probably get our travel plans next week this time. So when I do I can email you with all the times of my lay overs. Everyone can just be at the house or wherever and I can just call individually? Whatever is easier for everyone's schedules! Well this is all for you! I LOVE YOU ALL!
"Te Amo"
Thanks for Everything!
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment